blade with z-Carbon fibre
Z-Carbon - Offensive blade
Fast offensive blade with the high-tech synthetic fibre Z-Carbon. The special carbon-mixture makes the blade very hard but still elastic. The thick top veneers ensure a soft ball stroke and good control values. Well suited for players who want to play fast and rotation-rich topspins, even far away from the table, and who need a good speed but still a soft ball stroke with a lot of feeling.
playing characteristics - Z-Carbon
- blade: Z-Carbon
- outer veneer: 1,3 mm spruce
- intermerdiate layer: 0,6 mm Ayous
- composite fibre Z-Carbon
- core: 2,0 mm Kiri
- thickness: ca. 6,4 mm
- layers: 5-ply +2x composite fibres
- composite fibres: Z-Carbon
- game type: Offensive blade
- speed: high
- Hardness: medium hard
- control: medium
How do the different blade sizes differ from size M?
Blade size S
- even faster than size M
- harder to control
- slightly smaller sweetspot, but lower weight
- only for experienced players who master a fast arm movement
- fast and spin-rich topspins are mastered without problems
Blade size m
- fast offensive blade
- big sweet spot
- designed for an offensive game rich in rotations
- long ball contact time, which greatly simplifies playing spin-rich balls
- high flight curve, therefore the balls are easy to place
- masters every topspin even from half distance
- also brings a lot of spin to the new ABS Ball
Blade size L
- due to the synthetic fibre only a little bit slower than size M
- easier to control
- for players who prefer heavy and top-heavy blades
- the top-heaviness facilitates the pulling of topspins
- enlarged sweet spot
- also in size L still fast offensive blade
Blade size DEF
- not designed for defensive play
- quite heavy and top heavy
- for players who prefer heavy, top-heavy blades
WHAT EXACTLY IS Z-CARBON AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Z-Carbon fabric is a high-performance synthetic fibre which is used in various areas such as motor sports. The special feature of the fibre is its extremely high stability in combination with its low weight.
In relation to the table tennis bat, this means that the blade can be given enormous stability or hardness without increasing the weight.
The harder a table tennis blade is, the faster the ball bounces off the blade and therefore takes a lot of speed with it.
"Carbon fibre alone is perceived by some players as very stiff - the mixture of synthetic fibres and Carbon, on the other hand, is firm but remains very elastic.
This is why it is often used in vehicles for shock absorption or in sports, e.g. in snowboard construction."
"SO THAT THE blade IS NOT TOO HARD AND THEREFORE DIFFICULT TO CONTROL, WE HAVE PLACED THE Z-CARBON LAYER BETWEEN THE CORE VENEER AND THE MIDDLE LAYER.
THE SOFT TOP LAYER OF SPRUCE AND AYOUS ENSURES A SOFT BALL IMPACT, THE SYNTHETIC FIBRES STIFFEN THE WOOD AND THUS ENSURE SHORT BALL CONTACT TIMES AND HIGH BOUNCE SPEED"
THE VENEER COMBINATION MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
The use of HiTec fibres alone does not make a good table tennis blade, just as important is the skilful combination of suitable wood types and veneer thicknesses.
With Z-CARBON, the synthetic fibre lies directly on the core veneer and is covered by the intermediate layer and the relatively soft outer veneer. This reduces the very hard feeling created by the synthetic fibres a little.
The blade is comparatively soft and can be played in a controlled manner, but thanks to the Z-Carbon fibre it has a high basic speed.
Difference between Z-Carbon and Z-Carbon Speed
Buy your Z-Carbon
If the Z-Carbon is the right blade for you there are two options:
Design your own blade with Z-Carbon fibre
You configure your own Z-Carbon blade in our configurator and customize the blade size, handle shape and design to your specifications.