Table tennis blade for allround players
This table tennis blade for allround players is designed to be good and safe to control and to help you place precise balls. The combination of light Kiri and relatively hard Limba wood on the outside, can be played particularly sensitive and controlled. It is therefore very suitable for exact blocking and shooting.
The ROOTS 4 CONTROL is a medium-hard table tennis blade, which is well suited for all striking techniques, whether block, shot, slip or spin-rich topspins – a good basis for all playing situations. Incredibly high control and a very precise touch feeling.
You can act with much speed and pressure, without losing control – with this blade you are prepared in all positions. The large blade size L enlarges the optimal hitting area. Therefore this blade forgives many mistakes, even if one does not stand quite optimally.
Even if blade size L makes the CONTROL a little slower, it scores in terms of hit rate and security all the more. However, the speed is still sufficient to be able to build up speed and pressure in the offensive game.
Facts about ROOTS 4 CONTROL in blade size L:
- very good to control, both in the defensive and in the offensive
- especially large hit zone due to the large blade size L
- forgives many mistakes
- very sensitive and precise
- relatively soft ball stop
- fast all-round blade (ALL+)
- temperate, well controllable pace without being too slow
- medium ball bounce
- multi-purpose, well suited for block, shot, slice, topspins
- focus on exact and precise feel for the ball
Playing characteristics and structure of the Roots 4
The veneer structure
- BLADE: CONTROL
- OUTER VENEER: 0.6 mm Limba
- INTERMEDIATE LAYER: 1.0 mm Kiri
- CORE: 3.8 mm Kiri
- THICKNESS: approx. 7 mm
- LAYERS: 5-layer blade
- COMPOSITE FIBRES: none
The playing characteristics
- GAME TYPE: allround blade
- SPEED: medium fast
- HARDNESS: relatively soft
- CONTROL: very high
- BALANCE: slightly top heavy
handle and blade size
- HANDLE FORM: flared
- HANDLE FOREHAND: K3 C thin
- HANDLE BACKHAND: K4 C thick
- HANDLE LENGTH: long 103mm
- BLADE SIZE: L
The long strong handle provides safety and solid hold. Its flared shape prevents it from slipping out of the hand. The outer curvature of the lower handle shell adapts perfectly to the palm of the hand while the inner curvature of the upper handle shell embeds the fingers perfectly in a depression.
Made in Germany
Every one of our table tennis blades is produced with passion and attention to detail in our workshop in Neuwied.