Medium-fast all-round blade with hard ball stop
The ROOTS 2 is a medium fast all-round blade with relatively hard ball stroke. It has a large sweetspot and can be controlled easily and safely.
This blade has a thin, flared handle. Due to the small blade size it becomes slightly grip- heavy and feels even lighter than it actually is. The ROOTS 2 has a slightly harder touch due to the Koto veneer. Therefore it is especially suitable for precise blocking and shooting..
The ROOTS 2 offers a lot of control and safety on all strokes without being slow – in the offensive a lot of speed can be generated nevertheless. The low vibrations result in a very good feeling for the ball.
Facts about ROOTS 2:
- relatively hard ball bounce
- perfectly suitable for precise blocking and shooting
- medium speed
- large sweet spot
- good to control
- minimum vibrations
- well suited for active and passive all-round players
- good beginner blade for beginners
Playing characteristics and structure of the Roots 2
The veneer structure
- BLADE: MEDIUM SPEED
- OUTER VENEER: 0.6 mm Koto
- INTERMEDIATE LAYER: 1.0 mm spruce
- CORE: 3.2 mm Kiri
- THICKNESS: approx. 6.4 mm
- LAYERS: 5-ply
- COMOSITE FIBRES: none
The playing characteristics
- GAME TYPE: all-round blade
- SPEED: medium fast
- HARDNESS: hard
- CONTROL: relatively high
- BALANCE: slightly grip-heavy, feels very light
handle and blade size
- HANDLE SHAPE: flared
- HANDLE FOREHAND: K3 A thin
- HANDLE BACKHAND: K2 A thin
- HANDLE LENGTH: normal 100mm
- Right Handed
- BLADE SIZE: S
Due to the combination of two different handle shapes this blade is particularly strong and safe in the hand – the backhand side is bevelled towards the ball of the thumb, combined with a slightly hollow shape on the forehand, this handle ideally adapts to the hand.
To save weight, we have chosen two small handle shells made of light material – in combination with the small blade size this table tennis bat feels very light.
Made in Germany
Each of our table tennis blades is produced with a lot of passion and attention to detail in our workshop in Neuwied.blade