The BASALT is a blade for offensive players who are looking for a blade with a high basic speed, but which nevertheless has a soft and easily controllable ball impact. The Basalt fibres ensure high speed. At the same time they keep the table tennis blade elastic – so a Basalt blade is much less stiff than other blades with synthetic fibres and is easier to control. All in all, the perfect combination of speed and feel.
Basalt fibre compared to Carbon
In contrast to Carbon fibres, Basalt blades remains elastic. It does not become stiff, but has a very soft and controlled ball impact.
The fibre ensures that considerably less vibration passes into the hand. This results in a very clear and direct feedback. The sweetspot is enlarged a lot by the Basalt fibre. This allows the blade to be controlled very well and the balls to be placed safely.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF TABLE TENNIS BLADES WITH BASALT FIBRE
- high speed, with soft ball touch
- enlarged sweet spot
- little vibration, therefore clear feedback
- much less stiff than Carbon blades
- high ball bounce with beautiful flight curve
- long ball contact time
- high control
- BLADE: BASALT
- OUTER VENEER: 1,0 MM SPRUCE
- INTERMEDIATE LAYER: 0.8 MM AYOUS
- CENTER VENEER: 2,4 MM KIRI
- THICKNESS: ca. 6,2 MM
- LAYERS: 5-PLY WOOD +2X SYNTHETIC FIBRES
- SYNTHETIC FIBRES: BASALT-FIBRE
GAME TYPE: OFFENSIVE
HARDNESS: MEDIUM HARD
The BASALT BASIC is pre-configured as follows:
- Blade size: M
- Classic handle: straight or flared
- Handle length: normal 100mm
Made in Germany –
Each of our table tennis blades is produced with a lot of passion and attention to detail in our workshop in Neuwied.